As I reflect on my life and continue to blog my thoughts, today I though about how passionate I am about singing. Why am I that way? I have been that way since the age of two holding a hair brush and singing in the mirror. Was that in me before I was born? Did I acquire a love and a passion for it because I saw someone else do it and it ignited something in me? The ignition of my heart for music and the arts I know is God-given and Holy Spirit inspired. If I did not have that passion, I would have not spent hours practicing, reading books about the music industry, or gotten involved in things that expanded my talent and honed my skills. I love the fact that my passion uplifts others and encourages them to love themselves, others, and God.
What pushes us to pursue our passion? I believe several things. The view of a DREAM! What is your ultimate desire to do in life with your passion? How can I get there? What will it take to make it possible? These are questions that we ask and as you go through your journey the answers unfold. I have learned that we all have challenges in life and some are harder than others. When we get knocked down we have to learn how to dust ourselves off and keep stepping. I know the challenges make you stronger when you persevere and realize that it's a test of your faith, will, emotions, and tenacity to continue to use the challenges as a stepping stool. In every challenge, I take away a lesson as I look introspectively at them and make an assessment to getting to the greater good in my life. So today, I challenge you to be in hottttt Pursuit of your Passion and continue to thank God for the blessings.
How to Pursue your Passion:
1. Stay motivated - read things that will uplift you and encourage you to keep pressing toward your goals.
2. Surround yourself with positive people that will tell you the truth. Get away from Dream Suckers that want to take away the Dream and pull you down due to jealousy, ignorance, or bitterness that they have not fulfilled their dreams and had challenges that cause those characteristics to manifest.
3. Having a mentor that will show you how to reach your goals. Since they have already attained what you are working towards or close to what you are aspiring to be they can help you avoid unnecessary pitfalls. Sometimes we must consider that what we are embarking on a goal that may or may not have ever been done, but their are principles that apply to becoming successful.
4. Be teachable.....A teacher is still a student. Be open to learn more about your passion and become an expert at what you desire to be.
5. Always give God the glory!
Truly this two letter word is going to carry some weight in your life as you continue to live. I thought about the many years I said yes to everyone. Nine times out of ten I just wanted to be supportive of a friend or organization, but I had to realize they were taking advantage of that at times. When I weighed my options it was not in my best interest at all. I was definitely a people pleaser.
When someone would ask me to sing I would say sure. Sometimes I never even received a thank you to show they appreciated my time, talent, and expenses it took for me to make that part of their event successful. I suppose a monetary token of their appreciation was truly a stretch for them. I realized I had to start placing value on my time, talent, and expenses and if they couldn't bless me to continue the ministry, then it was not important enough to them to have singing at their event. No don't get me wrong I am completely lead by God when to donate my time and talent. So when you think about using the three letter word YES, think again because it may just need to be the other way around... the anointed word NO!
8 ways to Analyze should I say NO or YES:
Talein shares her divine thoughts of inspiration, empowerment, and life experiences with you on her blog.