"Your Mind is a Gold Mine
Our minds are powerful and yet we don't use our brain power to its fullest capacity. Often times we have such non-productive thought patterns, we become our biggest enemy. I call it Stinkin' Thinkin'. We often times talk ourselves out of our blessings and hinder our forward movement to walking into the promises God has for us. Once we think it the probability of you speaking it will be very likely. Have you ever met someone that says "I just speak my mind"? That is a sign of a challenge with self-control. We all have the ability to control what we say, so it is important to be careful how we formulate our thoughts.
AFFIRMATIONS? What are they and why are they important?
Affirmations help to reiterate and affirm things. So it can be done several ways. One way is by listening to affirming CD's that inspire you to work on your personal self development and become a better person through hearing. Another way is for you to hear and speak to re-affirm the positive reinforcements. I find the later works the best. You have to learn to speak over yourself, encourage yourself like the song says. Once you do it for you, it is easy to do it for others and teach them to be positive as well. I want to share 7 affirmations with you.
1. I am whole and complete in God
2. I am walking in divine healing
3. I am walking in divine wealth and wisdom to manage the wealth
4. I will be productive and prosperous today
5. I will make sound choices and decisions today
6. I am a magnet for favor
7. I will encourage and inspire someone today.
As I reflect on my life and continue to blog my thoughts, today I though about how passionate I am about singing. Why am I that way? I have been that way since the age of two holding a hair brush and singing in the mirror. Was that in me before I was born? Did I acquire a love and a passion for it because I saw someone else do it and it ignited something in me? The ignition of my heart for music and the arts I know is God-given and Holy Spirit inspired. If I did not have that passion, I would have not spent hours practicing, reading books about the music industry, or gotten involved in things that expanded my talent and honed my skills. I love the fact that my passion uplifts others and encourages them to love themselves, others, and God.
What pushes us to pursue our passion? I believe several things. The view of a DREAM! What is your ultimate desire to do in life with your passion? How can I get there? What will it take to make it possible? These are questions that we ask and as you go through your journey the answers unfold. I have learned that we all have challenges in life and some are harder than others. When we get knocked down we have to learn how to dust ourselves off and keep stepping. I know the challenges make you stronger when you persevere and realize that it's a test of your faith, will, emotions, and tenacity to continue to use the challenges as a stepping stool. In every challenge, I take away a lesson as I look introspectively at them and make an assessment to getting to the greater good in my life. So today, I challenge you to be in hottttt Pursuit of your Passion and continue to thank God for the blessings.
How to Pursue your Passion:
1. Stay motivated - read things that will uplift you and encourage you to keep pressing toward your goals.
2. Surround yourself with positive people that will tell you the truth. Get away from Dream Suckers that want to take away the Dream and pull you down due to jealousy, ignorance, or bitterness that they have not fulfilled their dreams and had challenges that cause those characteristics to manifest.
3. Having a mentor that will show you how to reach your goals. Since they have already attained what you are working towards or close to what you are aspiring to be they can help you avoid unnecessary pitfalls. Sometimes we must consider that what we are embarking on a goal that may or may not have ever been done, but their are principles that apply to becoming successful.
4. Be teachable.....A teacher is still a student. Be open to learn more about your passion and become an expert at what you desire to be.
5. Always give God the glory!
So many times we think we are fighting the outside world, when the real enemy is in you. We hold ourselves back with our stinking thinking and realize we talk ourselves out of most things. Even if the Lord himself came down from Zion and spoke, we would find a way to sabotage the word of the good Lord. So how do we combat those crazy thoughts you maybe asking? Here are a few tips to help you in your thinking from now on.
* Once the thought comes cast it down
* Encourage yourself in the Lord
* Forget about past failures and use them as a stepping stone
* Believe in your God-given abilities
I pray these tips help you to conquer the inner doubt, fears, and any past disappointments. Receive your healing today in Jesus Name.
Talein shares her divine thoughts of inspiration, empowerment, and life experiences with you on her blog.